Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Finally! Food I've been wanting to eat!

Hello everyone :D

I've been craving to eat street food SO MUCH, especially soondae since I came to Korea, so I finally decided to get some today after asking my friend for a place to go near my house. I first went to 잠원떡볶이 (Jam Won Ddukbokki (<-it's rice cake with spicy sauce)) after I went to acupuncture hoping that they will have soondae, but they didn't have it. I was a bit disappointed but my friend told me their ddukbokki is very old street food style, so I ordered 1 portion of ddukbokki and 1 portion of tempura. I should have taken some pictures of them but I got too excited to try them out and I was too hungry, so I just ate them as soon as I opened them.


(Jam Won Ddukbokki. It's located in this small street next to Jam Won station)


(1 portion of ddukbokki and 1 portion of tempura)

(all photos taken by Sieg, please go to his blog for more pictures if interested :)

I googled the place to give you guys what I had. Price wasn't too expensive but definitely more than what I used to pay when I was younger. I paid 6,000 won for that amount and portion was more than enough. I got so full.
As I was getting a bit sad about not having soondae, my mom asked me to go buy some side dishes near the hair salon my family go to, so I decided to stop by this truck that sells street food after I finish errand. This truck has been around since I lived in Seoul! I thought they stopped coming, but I was glad to see it as soon as I saw it. Truck was full of people! I wish I took photos. Maybe next time.

(soondae!!!)

Soondae is made generally by pig's intestines that are stuffed with various ingredients, mostly clear noodles. It's like a sausage. I also got different parts like liver and other parts that I don't know the name of. My dad was like "What?! Soondae?! You shouldn't eat them you know," but I just smiled and started to eat them. I wasn't that hungry from lunch I had but I couldn't resist to eat them. It was so moist and good! That couple who makes food soondae! I want to go back to that couple and have 닭꼬치 (grilled chicken with sweet and spicy sauce on a stick)! I used to eat those a lot when I used to live here 10 years ago. Mmmm :)

I'll be going to my uncle (큰고모부)'s hospital tomorrow to get blood test and other test. I am not sure what I'll be doing but I will be out half of my day, going to 2 hospitals (yay) I hope I am not super sick. Wish me luck!

1 comment: